The Australian Visa Laws have changed and updated information can be found here.

Please note all players and support personnel must apply for the Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) - Invited Participant stream now.


  • From now on, players and their  technical team (coaches, physios, etc) must apply for the Temporary Activity Visa (subclass 408) - Invited Participant stream.
  • This visa is completely online via an Immiaccount which you can set up, so everyone can do it online without physically submitting their passport.
  • It is valid like the previous 400 visa for only 3 months.
  • Family members and guests DO NOT need to apply for this and should apply for a tourist visa.
  • Players are NO longer eligible for the 400 visa so please don't apply for that.

  • You must be outside Australia when applying for this visa.
  • You must arrive in Australia within 6 months from the visa grant date.
  • You can only stay in Australia for the period granted (up to three months).
  • All professional players and support personnel must pay a fee of AUD$275.
  • All international players and support personnel require a letter of invitation. Please contact to request a letter of invitation.

  • Processing time of the 408 visa can take up to 2 weeks.
  • Ensure you leave adequate time prior to your projected travel dates.
  • Visa processing offices will be closed over the Christmas and New Year holidays.
  • You cannot enter Australia on a tourist visa if you intend to work.
  • Failure to obtain the 408 visa with intent to work may result in deportation.
  • Family members should just apply for a tourist visa and not be included in the 408 application as it would require more documentation proof (e.g. marriage certificate, etc), thus causing delays and also higher fees.

You must not travel to Australia until your subclass 408 visa is granted. Failure to adhere may result in higher visa fees of over AUD $2000 and a more complicated visa process.


Visa application requirements differ from country to country. Your nearest Immigration Office outside Australia will tell you exactly how to submit your application and what documents to provide.

You must at least provide a copy of your:
  • Passport information page (showing your photo and details)
  • Invitation letter (please email to request one)